COVID-19 PCR Swab Test Kit
(Inclusive of Laboratory analysis, Results certificate and 24 Hour Royal Mail tracked Postage Bag)
PCR tests, also referred to as antigen tests, detect viral RNA, so if you are carrying the virus at the time the test is taken, this test will very likely detect it. This test requires taking a swab from the nose and throat and then the specimen is analysed in a laboratory with a very quick result turnaround time.
The test detects active Coronavirus infections via real-time reverse transcription quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR). This is a CE-IVD test kit and tests are analysed in a CQC regulated laboratory.
- Test Specificity 100%.
- Test Sensitivity >95% at 0.75 copies of viral RNA/µl.
This test can be used for Fit-to-Fly eligibility. The certificate provided is in the form of an official laboratory PDF with the individuals name, date of birth, date and time the sample was taken and the result of the test i.e. positive or negative.
Please check with your airline and the specific destination countries guidance on the time window in which the test is required to be taken prior to flight departure or arrival, to allow time for testing to be carried out. You can read the most up-to-date guidance on the Foreign Office website.
The whole process is easy
- We supply you with everything you need to carry out the PCR swab test.
- You carry out the test on yourself at home. At the time of taking the test, you will need to register your personal details, the sample specimen number, the date and time the test is taken and the email address to send the results to.
- The sample is packed in the pre-paid 24 hour Tracked Royal Mail postage bag, included in your kit, to be dropped off in a Royal Mail Priority Post Box. Ensure the sample is posted out on the same day prior to the post box collection time. You can find the nearest at https://www.royalmail.com/priority-postboxes
- The following day, the lab receives and analysis the sample. Samples that arrive after 5pm (Monday – Friday) will be processed the following morning. There are no postal deliveries to the laboratory on Sunday so please ensure your sample arrives no later than Friday evening or Saturday morning, in this case the lab will process the sample on Saturday.
- The lab will then email the results certificate within 24 hours from receipt of the sample. The lab is open 7 days a week and provided the sample arrives to the lab by 5pm, the result will be sent out by email in the form of a named and dated certificate, the following day.
A positive test means that the COVID-19 virus has been detected on the swab and as the test is 100% specific, this means the chance of a false positive result is negligible. If the result is positive, it is highly likely to be true.
Please Note – The lab endeavour to provide your results 24 hours from receipt. However, we do not take responsibility for either postal delays or processing of the sample, as both are outside our control.